Sunday 1 May 2016

DREAMING, NOT BREATHING, KEEPS YOU ALIVE


       

         







DREAMING, NOT BREATHING, KEEPS YOU ALIVE


I was doing quite well before my life had a major disaster. Suddenly, I was thrown down to ground from a decent height I had achieved. I was jobless and was meeting ends by taking tuitions in a 50 square feet room. The saddest part was that I had no plan or desire of improving or expanding it. I was tired, ambitionless and dull. I picked up quarrels with everyone who criticized me. The graph of my life had plunged to its deepest and my morale was at rock bottom, though, I feigned it. My ego was at prime. I was earning a meagre fifteen thousand rupees. Life was nothing more than a formality and I was alive just for the sake of my family. I mostly wore unironed clothes, would shave only on Sundays and would wear shoes only when I had to go out. I taught my students wearing slippers.

Then, the calendar turned up to show the magical date of the 5th of May 2005 (5-5-5). I woke up to a telephone call to hear the news of the death of a relative. When I reached their house to attend the funeral, there was some delay because they had been waiting for a distant cousin. I had lived in the same locality before. So, everybody there knew me. An old friend took me to his house for a cup of tea. He revealed the purpose of his hospitality before serving the tea and showed me the ‘Plan’ of a multilevel marketing company. 

I joined it just for my long camaraderie with him. I didn’t work much but I did attend their educational and leadership seminars. That education changed everything about me. It injected positivity in me and made me understand the importance of dreaming.
I remained presentable and cheerful always. The sickening ego drained out of me. I wanted to do more for myself and my family. And, in eleven years following that magical turnaround, I am a different person. I owe the change to the resurrected desire to do something to be able to leave an indelible mark when I finally depart. I am still working on it and have no doubts about accomplishing it.

DREAMS- not those which we see in a state of dormant consciousness with our eyes closed and those which sneak in involuntarily, but those that we see with open eyes with gambolling consciousness, those, which make their presence felt with a gleam in the open eyes.
With my experience of life, I assert that only a person who dreams is truly alive. A person who is privileged to live on this hallowed coliseum of earth must do something worth remembering and appreciable as a price for eating up the natural resources. It is morally wrong to populate a heaven as a parasite.







So, for all those who haven’t started nurturing dreams, here is a push-start button.
Not having any dream or ambition bluntly signifies that nothing motivates you; nothing evokes your interest, you are ill of negativity. All these, together mean that you are dead.
Narrow down your focus. Combat negativity. Keep your motivation up. Relish everything that fires your interest. Search the fuel to light that interest.

You must know what you want. Brainstorm, meditate and find out what you love to do. Find out what invigorates you and what makes you feel fulfilled.

Talk to yourself. Find out your bad habits. Try to improve yourself. Admit your faults and mistakes to yourself and never hesitate to admit them to others. Correct yourself. Every new person you meet has some good traits and some bad. Learn whatever you can from him and ignore his bad traits. Unrealistic planning, bad habits, incorrect beliefs, negative character traits are obstacles. Shun them for good.

One thing we all must know is that it is easiest to change our self.
Be crazy while dreaming. Dream big, really, really big. All big achievers were dreamers once.
Believe it or not, but big dreams are easier to achieve.
If I ask you to hit a ball inside a circle, when it will be easier for you- targeting inside a small circle or inside a big circle?

In a village, there lived a giant on a big tree. When hungry, he got down the tree and wolf down whoever he would find. One day, a tired traveller slept under the tree unaware about the giant.
The villagers woke him up to warn. The stranger wondered why the villagers didn’t do anything to get rid of the giant.
The villagers conceded their debility stating that the giant was too big for them. The stranger propounded that his big size makes his killing easier. He suggested them to call the whole village near the tree. He asked them to take a stone in their hand and wait for the giant to come down. When the giant woke up to devour another life, each villager aimed the stone at him. The giant got hit at different parts of the body and crumpled to death.

Bigger targets are easier to hit.
So, walk out of your comfort zone. Drop the beliefs that limit you. Stop indulging in everything nonsensical. Don’t fritter away your energy on unproductive things. Stop rueing, arguing, overthinking, quarrelling and all such things that are a waste of time and energy.
Inspiration and opportunity can visit us at any time. Always welcome them. Be a good host. Listen to them and don’t discard at once.

Think more of the ways you can be successful than entertaining the ways to fail.  One great characteristic of a human brain is that it can achieve what it perceives. When we tell it that we want to get something, it starts finding and suggesting us the ways to reach our goal. On the contrary, when we tell it once that we can’t get to our goal, it would come up with hundreds of reasons to corroborate it.






Motivation is a verb and not a noun. It demands more action and fewer emotions. Positive affirmations boost your confidence.
Negativity is toxic to success. Don’t be afraid of failure. Failure is not the end result. They have a great worth in terms of experience.

After Thomas Edison succeeded in creating an electric bulb, he said, ‘I didn’t fail, I just found 2000 ways not to make a bulb.’

If you are determined not to give up on your ambitions, failures can’t be permanent.

So, come on. Be brave to take your first steps. Once you do it, you cross the biggest hurdle. Your path becomes clearer. Now, keep saying to yourself, “I have to do it and I will do it.”

1.      FIX YOUR DREAM TODAY-

Sit alone for a while and think. What gives you pleasure? Where do you see yourself in five or ten years from now? What do you want your life like?
Get the answers and hold on to the most appealing thing you want to do.
Your dream should be-



SMART


S- SPECIFIC
             M-MATERIALISTIC
       A-ACHIEVABLE
   R-REALISTIC
       T-TIME BOUND


2.      PASTE IT-

Get some pictures of your dream and paste them everywhere- in every room of your house so that it remains in your vision all the time. Paste it in the washroom, on your study table, and on the television so that whenever you fritter away time needlessly in the washroom or watching TV.

3.      TELL EVERYBODY-

You may hesitate to do so, but telling everybody around about your dream would prove the most helpful in achieving it. When you tell people about your sky-high ambitions (they would consider them so), they would make fun of you and that should work as fuel for you. Also, they would keep on reminding you what you’d told them and their frequent nagging would impel you to keep following your dream.

4.      GIVE IT A DATE-

Binding yourself and your dream with time helps in achieving your goals. A big and long term dream can’t be achieved with a big single leap. To remain focussed, you should divide it into an appropriate number of short -term targets to be accomplished in a fixed period of time.

If you don’t do it, you might be behind it always.



"Many of man's greatest achievements are the products and accidents of their ambition."

Always start your day early. Stop hating people. Harness your ambition so that, it fires you but without burning you.

 And lastly, a message for all students. Love mathematics and study it  as long as possible. If you really have an interest in it, make it a part of your life. It helps you to think logically and believing that every problem has a solution. 

All the best to you all. May all your dreams attain shape.

Let's  dream.




DREAM

BELIEVE

CREATE

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring. I reckoned my life too. Lackings in Life oblige us to dream, I think.Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your invaluable perception.

ONE TOUGH DAY THAT BROKE THE DREAM OF A BILLION PEOPLE

  ONE TOUGH DAY THAT BROKE THE DREAM OF A BILLION PEOPLE   Well Played, team India. We are proud of the way you played in this tournament. U...